Saturday, January 27, 2007

An absolute LOST art in the Americas: Manners

control.jpg


Let me preface this post with: I am writing this with no one in particular in mind. this is a GENERAL Observation. Period. the end. if your offended, click on the little red "x" in the top right hand corner. If you think I lack manners, please remember this is my Blog.


 


Right and Wrong. Thank you. I'm sorry. GOD bless you. can you PLEASE pass the salt? Excuse me. Flushing the toilet. Asking for things instead of taking things. Saying hello, how are you? and saying goodbye. Turning off cell phones in church. NO Profanity. Paying attention. sharing, with joy. Serving others. Those are just a few things that I could think of right off hand. If ya have any more let me know.

First of all, I want to say thank you, to ALL of you out there that don't do Jack, to teach your kids Manners. You are making our kids look like the best kids in the WORLD (and they are not)! People will think our kids are so well behaved and mannered (they are learning), and your kids... well, I'll not get nasty.

images.jpg
Dang, Where to start. lets start with Manners. Manners are a thing that is taught, not learned. It is like doctrine. you don't read the Bible or read a book on doctrine, and that's it. It needs to be taught to you, you have to learn it. It is repetition and practice that instills this discipline & knowledge. unfortunately for most people in the Americas (yes, Plural) it is something that they would rather not think about and rather not TEACH their kids. Do parents now-days think their kids will just "Pick Up" manners? from whom? the kids in the Playground? HA! I think we all know what goes on in the playground (I learned all my high school Spanish there) Kids don't teach manners, they exude bad behavior! Is bad behavior acceptable now? Since when do we not give a rip? Where else are they gonna learn? TV, movies, church?? some of the worst I'v known have been church kids (yes, even yours truly, before I was instructed) We now have Absolute Uncontrolled behavior. Think I'm a little extreme? go to the park and watch and listen. See how the kids treat their parents (FAULT of the parents ) and other kids. Go to the grocery store, a school, a church, wal-mart, McDonalds, Starbucks, Anyplace and pay attention and I promise, you will be appalled. what a cryin shame, that parents don't love their kids enough to teach them manners. Can you imagine in 50 yrs.? Our kid's will be anomalys growing up (GOD I Pray). well, at the end of the day, I recon all of the blame lies squarley on the shoulders of the parents. Please teach your kids manners and change the world a little bit at a time.

BlackJack

No comments:

Post a Comment